How to memorize fast: Poetry
It’s easy to memorize poems and text with memory techniques!
- Learn to memorize faster!
- Quickly remember poetry
- Apply this to giving presentations
- Keep your brain sharp
About this Course
By the end of this course you will know how to quickly remember poetry using memory techniques. You may like to remember a poem a week, a day, or even a whole book.
What ever the case, memorization using mnemonics can significantly save you time.
You can also apply your learning to text and giving presentations without notes.
Perhaps you need to remember poetry for your exams, or to keep your brain sharp. You may have favorite poems you would like to learn for pleasure.
If you need to be able to memorize faster, this course will help you to achieve your goals.
- Anyone who wants to be able to remember poetry or text quickly.
- Students who need to memorize text for exams, this could be poetry or other written material.
- Business people wanting a better memory for work. Learn how to give presentations, speeches and meetings without prompt cards.
- People whose confidence suffers from the feeling of being a ‘slow learner’. This is something you can absolutely change.
Who is it not for?
People who think they will learn how to memorize faster without work. It takes practice, but you will be able to remember text far faster than you currently can if you put in the time to attain this valuable skill.
With over 2 hours of step by step video lectures, homework, reading and quizzes, you will soon be speedily memorizing text.
1. Learn the basics
1.0 Before you start
1.1 Imagery and visualization to remember
1.1 Cheat sheet - Imagery and Visualization
1.2 Building and using memory palaces
1.2 Reading - What are memory palaces?
1.3 Example poem for module 1,2 and 3
1.3 Let's build one together
1.3 Cheat sheet - Building memory palaces
1.3 Quiz - Visualization and Memory palaces
2. Get your poem ready
- 2.0 Module Overview
- 2.1 Read it, break it up, highlight it
- 2.2 What does it mean?
- 2.3 Timing, expression, pauses
- 2.1 to 2.3 Cheat sheet - Get your poem ready
- 2.1 to 2.3 Quiz - How do you get your poem ready?
- 2.1 to 2.3 Homework
3. Memorize your poem
- 3.0 Module Overview
- 3.1 Memorize title and author
- 3.2 Memorize the first stanza
- 3.3 Refine the first stanza
- 3.2 to 3.3 Quiz
- 3.4 Repeat steps 3.2 and 3.3 for all stanzas
- 3.5 Recall the whole text, refine
- 3.6 Repeat step 5
- 3.1 to 3.6 Homework
- Module 3 Cheat sheet - Memorize your poem
- Module 3 Homework
4. Remember long term
- 4.0 Remember the poem long term
- 4.1 Quiz - Long term learning
- 4.1 Keeping track of your memorized poetry
5. Bonus material
- 5.0 Module Overview
- 5.1 Remember the date and page number
- 5.1 Homework
- 5.2 Poem for additional example 1
- 5.2 Additional example 1
- 5.3 Poem for additional example 2
- B5.3 Additional example